Holiday Fire Safety - This is the Season to be Careful!
* Smoking and Cooking are the Top 2 Causes of Fatal Fires during the holidays (Nov, Dec, Jan)
* Injuries caused by smoking account for 1 in 10 home fire injuries during the holidays
* Smoking accounts for 30% of all home fire deaths during the holidays
* Cooking fires account for 19% of all home fires during the holidays
* Alcohol is a factor in many fatal fires! Drink responsibility!
Fire Safety Tips for the Holidays!
1. Always stay in the kitchen while cooking
2. Keep an eye on any drinkers in your household and make sure cigarettes are properly extinguished.
3. Make sure your alarms are working. Test your smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms today.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When you search your address, please wait for your address to populate in the drop down list box, then select your address. It may take a few seconds to populate the address.
Our next Sound the Alarms draw will take place on December 1st! Take the Pledge to get your name entered!
When a fire starts, smoke and flames spread fast. Only a working smoke alarm will give you and your family the early warning to escape a fire safely. Smoke alarms must be installed on every level of your home and outside all sleeping areas.
Carbon Monoxide alarms must be installed adjacent to sleeping areas in home with a fuel burning appliance and/or an attached garage.
Test your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and take the pledge TODAY. Your name will be entered into our monthly draw to win a FREE Prize!
Main Fire Station210 Sherbrooke St
North End Station161Carnegie St
West End Station839 Clonsilla Ave
|Emergency - 911
T - 705-745-3283
F - 705-745-2460
E - email@example.com